ICANN has posted our .ECO application for public comment until August 12. ICANN and its many evaluators will be following these comments closely. Ours is the only community-backed application in the environmental space…
Big Room’s Community-designated application for the Dot ECO top-level domain (TLD) is now posted on the ICANN website. For ease of review, and because the ICANN version is unformatted, we have posted a formatted version of the two key sections here. Mission & Purpose [236kb PDF] This response explains the purpose and underlying principles for …
More than 50 major environmental groups have called on ICANN to protect the .ECO domain, representing a ground swell of public interest and support.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Dot Eco as we near ICANN’s application deadline for the environmental community’s domain. Our application is the culmination of three years of dedicated work from our team and Community Council members.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve been proud to welcome the support of some of the top members of the environmental community. Organizations including TckTckTck and Global Footprint Network have signed on as Partners, committing their support for a community-run .ECO. Learn more about some of our newest Partners below, and feel free to contact us if you are part of an environmental organization interested in becoming part of internet history.
Last week we were honored to have our video featured first in ICANN’s New gTLD Applicant Video Series. We were thrilled to see the fantastic response that our video received after ICANN posted it on their Facebook wall. This feedback was further validation that our community, the Environmental Community, believes that we need to preserve .ECO for the future and for the greater good.
In the press
- The Dot-Com Era Finally Comes to an EndBarron's | Jan 8, 2013
- Coming in January: .NGO, .ECO, .EARTHAd Age | Dec 1, 2011
- Web WarsVancouver Magazine | Dec 1, 2011
- What New Top-Level Web Domains Will Succeeed?Forbes | Oct 7, 2011
- Even without Al Gore, don’t count Minds + Machines out of the .eco raceDomain Incite | Sep 29, 2011
- Dot Eco Domain Wars Over? Al Gore-Backed Group Drops BidEcorazzi | Sep 28, 2011
- Al Gore gives way to Mikhail Gorbachev for control of .eco domainThe Guardian | Sep 28, 2011
- Company Seeks Gold in Green Internet DomainFinancial Post | Jun 28, 2011
- ICANN and the the trademark community – a broken relationship?World Trademark Review | Jun 23, 2011
- GTLD Applicants Celebrate ICANN DecisionManaging Internet IP | Jun 21, 2011